[alt.hypertext] wanted: hypertext

freitag@gmdzi.UUCP (Regine Freitag) (08/15/90)

Hi,

we are looking for a hypertext system running under UNIX (SUN3/4),
X11R4 and possibly Motif. If anyone knows of such a product or public
domain software, would you please mail me some more information about it
(including price if possible).

Thanks in advance

Wilhelm Valder
        German National Research Laboratory for Computer Science (GMD)
        P.O. Box 1240 (Schloss Birlinghoven)   D-5205 Sankt Augustin 1
        phone: (+49 2241) 142447        valder@gmdzi.UUCP

--
Regine Freitag
	phone: (+49 2241) 142241	freitag@gmdzi.UUCP

brian@padouk.ima.isc.com (Brian R. Holt) (08/15/90)

In article <3203@gmdzi.UUCP>, freitag@gmdzi.UUCP (Regine Freitag) writes:
|> Hi,
|>
|> we are looking for a hypertext system running under UNIX (SUN3/4),
|> X11R4 and possibly Motif. If anyone knows of such a product or public
|> domain software, would you please mail me some more information about it
|> (including price if possible).

The Text Management Library (TMLib) is available free on
expo.lcs.mit.edu, if you have FTP access. If not, you might try
laporta@apollo.com. It is a complete extensible hypertext system
(written in C++) for X. I believe it is look and feel independent.

		=brian

Email	brian@ima.isc.com
Phone	617-661-7474 x206
Fax	617-661-2070
near the last bend in the Charles River

graham@fuel.dec.com (kris graham) (08/16/90)

In article <17414@haddock.ima.isc.com>, brian@padouk.ima.isc.com (Brian
R. Holt) writes:

> The Text Management Library

>........I believe it is look and feel independent.

Is there such a thing in X?  Maybe the air that
we breath is an exception.....it has no "look" but
"feel" ;-)

I alway get a kick out of statements that imply
that 'Athena' applications have no 'look' or 'feel'.
Is it because of their plain looks?

Christopher Graham
Digital Equipment Corp
Ultrix Resource Center
New York City

Internet: graham@fuel.enet.dec.com
UUCP:     ...!decwrl!fuel.enet.dec.com!graham

rick@hanauma.stanford.edu (Richard Ottolini) (08/16/90)

In article <17414@haddock.ima.isc.com> brian@ima.isc.com writes:

>|> we are looking for a hypertext system running under UNIX (SUN3/4),
>|> X11R4 and possibly Motif. If anyone knows of such a product or public
>|> domain software, would you please mail me some more information about it
>|> (including price if possible).

xTeX in the contrib section of XWindows has some hypertex features,
particularly interactivity, internal links, and procedural attachment.
Our group is using for "electronic books" where one can experiment with
the programs used to generate scientific figures.  xTeX is backwards
compatible with our large body of TeX documents, makes excellent hardcopy,
and the source is freely available.

noraa@cbnewsk.att.com (aaron.l.hoffmeyer) (08/17/90)

In article <3203@gmdzi.UUCP> freitag@gmdzi.UUCP (Regine Freitag) writes:
>Hi,
>
>we are looking for a hypertext system running under UNIX (SUN3/4),
>X11R4 and possibly Motif. If anyone knows of such a product or public
>domain software, would you please mail me some more information about it

I am also looking for a good Hypertext program that runs on
Sun3/4/Sparc1+, X11R4, Open Look.  If you know of one, please email
me more info or direct me to the vendor/supplier.

Thanks,

Aaron L. Hoffmeyer           Room 3D-22               614 860-3428
uucp: att!cbnea!tr           6200 East Broad Street
Internet: TR@CBNEA.ATT.COM   Columbus, Ohio 43213

mguyott@samsung.com (Marc Guyott) (08/17/90)

In article <17414@haddock.ima.isc.com> brian@ima.isc.com writes:

>The Text Management Library (TMLib) is available free on
>expo.lcs.mit.edu, if you have FTP access.

Does anyone know the internet address for expo.lcs.mit.edu?  Also which
directory TMLib can be found in?                      Thanks, Marc
----
Two of the worst things we teach our children are that a knowledge of science
is nice but not necessary, and a knowledge of sex is necessary but not nice.

Marc Guyott	   Samsung Software America, Inc.    mguyott@samsung.com
(508) 685-7200	   Andover, Mass. 01810-2442 USA     ...!uunet!samsung!mguyott