[rec.food.recipes] VEGAN: Praline Sweet Potato Casserole

marianne%pansy.wv.tek.com@RELAY.CS.NET (Marianne Evans;685-2929;61-252) (04/12/90)

In article <4348@scorn.sco.COM> romal@sco.COM (Roma Levy) writes:

>In article <1216secretary@yvax.byu.edu> secretary@yvax.byu.edu writes:
>>I am looking for a good Yam recipe.  My mother's were always baked with brown
>>sugar and mini-marshmallows.  I've lost her recipe.  Does anyone have a good
>>Yam recipe that sounds similar?

	No marshmallows, but very good!

PRALINE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE                        Marianne Evans

4 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes (or yams)
3 T melted butter
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 T brandy
1/2 ts ground ginger (1 T fresh grated)
1 ts salt
1/8 ts pepper
1/4 ts allspice
1 ts grated orange peel (I'm sure I use more)
1/2 ts cinnamon

Combine all ingredients. Mix well with an electric beater.  Pour
into a well-buttered 2 qt. shallow casserole.  Spread with praline
topping.

TOPPING

1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 ts cinnamon

Combine ingredients and mix until well blended.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.