[rec.food.recipes] OVO: Peanut Butter Cookies

groll@uunet.uu.net (Jayne Gordon Groll) (05/29/90)

In article <1990May28.210516.29048@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>, robertl@bucsf.bu.edu (Robert La Ferla) writes:

> I am looking for a good recipe for Peanut Butter cookies.  I use only fresh
> natural ingredients and conventional ovens in all of my cooking so no mixes
> cans or microwave stuff please.  In particular, I like large cookies that are
> NOT dry.  My favorite p.b. cookies are the ones that bend.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>    __
>   /  \      /         __/_
>  /___/ __  /_  __  __  /	INTERNET:	robertl@bucsf.bu.edu
> / \   '_' /_/ |_- / ' /		BITNET:		mete0pc@buacca.bu.edu

Here's my favorite recipe for peanut butter cookie recipe.  The milk
chocolate chips are a nice extra but are optional.

1/4 cup shortening                 1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter, softened           1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter      1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar                      1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar                2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 egg                              (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter, peanut
butter and sugars until blended and fluffy.  Add the egg
and vanilla and beat well.

In a medium bowl, stir the salt, soda and flour.
Add to the creamed mixture, beating until thoroughly
combined.  Fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie
sheets, 2 inches apart.  Flatten slightly with the tines of a fork.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool on wire racks.   (These cookies freeze very well).

Enjoy!

Jayne Groll