[rec.food.recipes] CHICKEN: Indonesian Dinner featuring Peanut Sauce

jaap%sequent.uucp@RELAY.CS.NET (Jaap Vermeulen) (06/28/90)

w25y@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:

>I'm looking for recipies that feature peanuts prominantly.  Peanut soup, for
>example.
>
>                   -- Paul Ciszek
>                      W25Y@CRNLVAX5               Bitnet
>                      W25Y@VAX5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU   Internet
>                      UUNET!CORNELL!VAX5!W25Y     UUCP
>"I don't want any adventures, thank you.  Not today."  -- _The Hobbit_

Well, peanut sauce is a main ingredient in the Indonesian cuisine.
So here is a full recipe for an semi-Indonesian dinner including peanut sauce.
The problem is that the spices that are used are not always widely available.
I have a Dutch Store in my vicinety that carries most Indonesian spices
(Indonesia used to be part of the Dutch colonies). You could also try
Philipinian stores or Chinees stores.

------- Included Message

------- End of Included Message

	-Jaap-