[rec.food.recipes] VEGAN: Steve's Teriyaki Sauce

tj@CS.UCLA.EDU (Tom Johnson) (10/02/90)

In article <1990Sep23.192134.16135@mthvax.cs.miami.edu> jsaxon@CSSUN.TAMU.EDU (James B Saxon) writes:

>Hi there world of tasty edible stuff.
>
>I'm here in Texas in a small town and haven't been able to get
>my staple of good Japanese food.  I'm sick of hacking around
>and making bad Teriyaki sauce sooooo...  Who's got a REAL recipe
>for it?  I'll just have to fly back to California for my sushi
>fix...

Ok, here you go.

	Steve's Wonderful Teriyaki. (easy too)

	1/2 cup sugar
	1/2 cup Soy
	1/3 cup Sake
	about 1 clove garlic
	two or three slices of fresh ginger.  If you don't have fresh
	   ginger, don't bother making this recipe.

	Mix together, bring it to a boil and then let it simmer until
	the sauce starts to thicken.

	Damn good sauce!
--
Tom Johnson      UCLA Computer Science Department
			3413 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles CA 90024 (213)825-6952