[rec.food.recipes] VEGAN: Pasta Ceci

poore@vsserv.scri.fsu.edu (David Poore) (10/26/90)

In article <1990Oct25.225027.23532@mthvax.cs.miami.edu> crimson@wpi.wpi.edu (The Wanderer) writes:

>...I am looking for Falafel recipes and Fun Things To Do When You Have
>A Lot Of Chickpeas recipes....

Since you want fun things with chickpeas, I can only assume you already
know how to make humous...if not ask again and I am sure zillions of
people can tell you.

Pasta Ceci
Take a can or two or chickpeas (or if you use them fresh, then cook a
pint or two) and put them with some of the water into a big heavy pan.
Add a cup or so of minced parsley, and garlic to taste (really can't use
too much in this dish), some salt and some pepper. Bring to a boil and
let it cook this way for about 10 minutes or so. Then, reduce the heat
and let it simmer for a half hour or so. At this point, (you mauy want
to add some more water) you should use something to mash the beans a
little...mash half or so, so that the beans that mash blend with the
liquid to for a thick sauce.

Cook some pasta...egg noodles are best, or fusili or ditalis...something
like that. Pour the sauce in with the noodles and mix them up real well,
and let it sit covered for 10 or 15 minutes and then serve.

The sauce should be pretty thick, and should stick to the pasta well. A
tasty and simple dish. Enjoy...

David Poore
poore@gw.scri.fsu.edu