[rec.food.recipes] VEGAN: Quick Tofu Meal

lchui@lion.uwaterloo.ca (Linda Chui) (03/04/91)

In article <1991Feb20.155139.17052@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
Grant Mason <grant@cstr.ed.ac.uk> writes:

>In addition, any recipes for quick and easy tofu meals would be
>appreciated.

Mom usually stir-frys the tofu with meat to make a dish.  However, I
don't have that much time (and skill) to cook that in my residence.
So, here is a quick tofu recipe I learned from my roommate :

(Ingredient amounts are approximate)

 Sauce:
 -----

In a small bowl, put in about 3 spoonfuls of sugar.  Add soya sauce
until it just covers the sugar, mix well.  Adjust taste by adding more
soya sauce or sugar so it doesn't taste too salty or too sweet
(tangy-sweet is best).

Add 2-3 shakes of chili powder, and put in lots of chopped green
onions.  Mix again.

 Tofu:
 ----

Take 3-4 pieces of tofu from the package, and nuke them in microwave
(or by any other means) until moderately hot.  Drain off excess water.

 Serve:
 -----

When ready, cut tofu up into small squares and serve with sauce.  (What
I do is I drown the tofu squares in sauce and eat with rice).

Enjoy,

Linda