[rec.food.recipes] LACTO: Mexican Margarita Pie

rppeek@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Peek) (03/19/91)

In article <1991Feb28.164146.19663@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
DOW@MAINE.BITNET (Michael R. Dow) writes:

>  A local Mexican restaurant has a pie that they call 'Margarita Pie'.
>It has a cream-type filling that tastes like a sweet margarita and is
>quite tasty.  The crust consists of crushed pretzels and sugar..

 I don't have the specifics of the recipe, but I have made the pie
 before.

 Crust is composed of butter, sugar and pretzels.  Baked and cooled.

 Filling is sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, triple sec, tequila
 and whipped cream.  One can of sweetened condensed milk is combined
 with 1/4 cup lime juice first.  This will thicken it.  This mixture
 is combined with 1 cup of whipping cream that has been whipped to
 stiff peaks.  THEN the tequila and triple sec are added (I don't
 know the amounts but I think it was 1/4 cup tequila and 3 T. triple
 or to taste)

 This mixture is then poured into the crust and chilled for two hours or
 so.  Garnish with whipped cream and thin lime slices.

 That's all I recall.

 Robin Peek rppeek@rodan.acs.syr.edu