[rec.food.recipes] VEGAN: Avocado Salad Dressing

staffan@phos.serum.kodak.com (Kenneth Staffan (x37507)) (04/02/91)

In article <1991Mar27.053319.21615@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
bloom-beacon!mit-caf!angela@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Angela Odoardi) writes:

>Does anyone have a recipe for any Mexican-type (taco salad dressing)
>made with Avocados (Guacamole)?  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Well, I wasn't going to respond because my info is so sketchy, but I
haven't seen any other responses yet:

We make one from an ultra-easy recipe in the "Light and Spicy" cookbook
by Barbara Gibbons (that's off the top of my head, but I think it's
close).

The only ingredients are ripe avocado, light italian dressing, and
whole cumin seed.  I _think_ the ratio is one avocado to one-half cup
dressing to one tablespoon cumin.  It's really tasty, but look for the
book if you're concerned about exact proportions.

Ken