[rec.food.recipes] MISC: Bread Machine Bread Recipes

bellas@ttidca.tti.com (Pete Bellas) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr07.172426.7176@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
lee@pedsga.UUCP (Lee McClellan <mcclella>) writes:

>Howdy! My wife and I have one of those handy dandy new fangled does
>everything bread makers, and have quickly exhausted the available
>recipes supplied with the machine. Does anyone out there have some good
>and different recipes thay can tell me about?!? Thanks - Lee M.

Between two newsgroups, a mailing list and several bouts of email I am
not sure who where or if I have sent these recipes before, or what versions.
These are our current favorite recipes and were developed using the R2D2
Bread Droid (DAK/Welbilt).  The doneness designation was recently developed
by a bread list poster with 9 o'clock lightest, 3 o'clock darkest and
12 o'clock right in the middle.     Enjoy.

			-Pete-

Modified French Bread.

3 1/3 cups bread flour
2 1/2 - 3 tsps yeast (one package is 2 1/2)
1 1/2 tsp salt
2     tsp sugar
1 1/2 tbl butter
1 1/2 cups warm water + 2 tbls

setting: french		doneness: 11 o'clock

Light Wheat Bread

2 cups bread Flour
1 cup wheat flour
2 1/2 - 3 tsps yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbl sugar
1 1/2 tbl dry milk power
1 1/2 tbl butter
1 1/2 cups warm water - 2 tbl

setting: regular	doneness: 12 o'clock

Pete's "Great with Chili" Corn Bread

2 3/4 cups bread flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 1/2 - 3 tsps yeast
1 cup whole kernal corn
1 egg
1 tbl butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbl sugar
1 tbl honey
1 1/4 cups warm water

setting: regular        doneness: 11 o'clock

Cheese Bread

3 cups bread flour
2 1/2 - 3 tsps yeast
1/4 cup dry milk powder
1 tbl butter
1 tsp salt
2 tbl sugar
1 1/4 cups warm water
2 cups (6 oz) cheese (I use medium cheddar)

setting: regular        doneness: 11 o'clock

Pizza Crust

3 1/3 cups flour **
2 1/2 - 3 tsps yeast
2 tbl yellow cornmeal
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tbls olive oil
1 1/4 cups warm water

setting: regular        doneness: NA

I remove the dough after the first kneeding cycle and rise it in a
large bowl oiled with olive oil (warm, dark, draft free).  After
doubled in size form into crust, makes one large medium crust pizza.

**Bread Flour produces a lighter bread like crust
  All purpose Flour produces a chewy type crust