[rec.food.recipes] MEAT: Egg Gravy

pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com (Pete Ashdown) (04/17/91)

bozarth@jasmin.ICS.UCI.EDU (Billie Bozarth) writes:

> What do all of you out there do with the hard boiled eggs you make
>and color for easter?

Its been a tradition in my family (as long as I can remember) to have
"Egg Gravy" on Easter morning.  This is a recipe that came through my
mother's family in Denmark.  I don't know the exact measurements, but
it is a basic gravy recipe.  Throw the eggs in with milk, a chopped
onion, and some ground sausage.  Serve this over toast.

Although this has been an Easter treat for many years, my mother
surprised us last year with the announcement of what her grandmother
called the dish...  "Shit Eggs" (Come to think of it, it doesn't look
that appetizing, but tastes great!)

 Pete Ashdown  pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com