[rec.food.recipes] OVO-LACTO: Curried Egg and Artichoke Dip

n9040513@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu (aldridge andrea) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr16.124429.28916@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
bozarth@jasmin.ICS.UCI.EDU (Billie Bozarth) writes:

> What do all of you out there do with the hard boiled eggs you make
>and color for easter?

The Frugal Gourmet (Jeff Smith) has a recipe in one of his books for a
Curried Egg-and-Artichoke Dip that is obscenely good.  I don't have the
book at hand, but from the best of my failing memory, these proportions
should do you:

2-3 hard boiled eggs
1 (10 oz.?) can unmarinated (plain) artichoke hearts
mayonnaise
sour cream
cumin powder
curry powder

Chop the eggs and artichoke hearts into chunks big enough to eat and
small enough to scoop up on a cracker.  Mix equal parts sour cream and
mayonnaise, enough to make it all moist and tasty, and add spices to
your taste @ 2 parts curry to one part cumin.  I like it spicy myself,
but you don't want to overwhelm the delicate flavour of the artichoke.
Exceedingly popular at parties, and goes quickly; I make a batch, put
it in the refrigerator, and gnosh my way through it in a day or so!