[rec.food.recipes] MEAT: Low-salt Chicken Teriyaki, and Ham and Potato Summer Casserole

dfw@needle..bellcore.com (Doris Woods) (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun17.165754.10730@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
flaster@thunk.Berkeley.EDU (Michael E. Flaster) writes:

>Does anyone have a recipe for Chicken Teriyaki?  The recipe I sometimes
>make is too salty...

       This is what I usually do:

For 4 breasts

1/4 cup Low salt soy (my preference is kikkoman)
1/4 cup water
2 garlic cloves minced
fresh grated ginger (depends on taste I use 1/2 tsp)
Pinch of sugar

Marinate chicken for 4-5 hours covered in the fridge.

Very tasty when used on BBQ grill or broiled.

People had asked about potato salad and summer recipes. I came across this
one you might like:

              Ham and Potato Summer Casserole

1 lb Red Skinned potato scrubbed and quartered
1/4cup +1tbs veg.oil
2 med size zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 med onion sliced
2Tbs fresh lemon juice
1tbs dijon mustard
yolks of 2 lge eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh pepper
1 lb cooked ham in strips
1/2 cup shredded lettuce

In 3qt saucepan bring potatos to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until
fork tender.  In small bowl combine 1/4c oil, lemon juice, mustard and
egg yolks, salt and pepper. Mix until blended (mayonnaise)

When potatos are cooled combine everything, refrigerate and serve.

   Enjoy

   Doris