[rec.food.recipes] FISH: Grilled Bluefish

tom@cbmvax.UUCP (Tom Donohue) (06/24/91)

In article <1991Jun21.175519.5020@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
edk@rafos.gso.uri.edu writes:

>Does anyone have any good bluefish recipes? Owing to it's oily and
>darkish meat, not all my fish recipes work well with it. Blackened
>bluefish and smoked/BBQed work well, but I was wondering if there
>were any other alternatives!

One of my favorite ways to grill bluefish is:

	Place a bluefish fillet skin-side down on a large piece of
	foil.  Slather generously with tartar sauce.  Layer thinly
	sliced onions and green peppers on top, then slices or chunks
	of fresh tomatoes.  Sprinkle with basil/oregano/parsley/pepper
	and sqeeze on lots of fresh lemon juice.  Tightly close the
	foil, and double wrap with another piece of foil.  Grill 20-40
	minutes (without turning) depending on the size and thickness
	of the fish.  Serve.

Tom Donohue			tom@hutch.rabbit.com