[soc.culture.japan] hayes lawsuit

diamond@jit533.swstokyo.dec.com (Norman Diamond) (05/28/91)

In article <5002@orbit.cts.com> kurt@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Sletterdahl) writes:

>IMHO, international competitiveness is dependant on invention and
>innovation; and the ability to take these and develop marketable products.

Of course.

>(It seems all too often that the US makes the initial invention, and then
>abandons it to be developed into a marketable product by Japan.)

Of course, a few years ago, the same game was played by Canada instead of
the U.S., and the U.S. instead of Japan.  The more things change, the more
they stay the same.

(Follow-ups directed to /dev/null; feel free to change it if you have anything
worth while to say.)
--
Norman Diamond       diamond@tkov50.enet.dec.com
Permission is granted to feel this signature, but not to look at it.