[comp.terminals.tty5620] 5620 terminal

adams@swbatl.sbc.com (Tom Adams - 235-7459) (02/22/91)

I'd like to find a 5620 terminal that nobody wants.  I'll
pay shipping and offer it a warm happy home, but I don't want to pay
hardly anything for it (I was thinking around $40).

I'd actually be interested in anything that runs layers,
but I suspect the 5620 is the only such terminal near boat anchor
status.
--
adams@swbatl.sbc.com  Southwestern Bell Telephone Advanced Technology Lab
Why do Macintosh users remind me of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers?"

woods@eci386.uucp (Greg A. Woods) (03/13/91)

[Follow-up's to the related newsgroup!]

In article <1991Mar9.002432.755@terminator.cc.umich.edu> wdean@css.itd.umich.edu (Wesley Dean) writes:
> In article <1991Mar07.002211.15516@balr.com> stox@balr.com (Ken Stox) writes:
> >Recently, a few weeks ago, an individual posted to the net that they
> >had some 5620's. I responded to this person that I would be interested
> >in getting one or more of these terminals. ( Personal interest, as I
> >used to work for TeleType R&D ) Unfortunately, I never heard back, but

That could have been me, though my posting was several *months* ago.
I did receive some e-mail replies to which I could not reply to (they
bounced, and no other route was obvious from the current maps).
Neither of your names appears in my 5620 mail folder though.  In
addition our news feed has been rather spotty lately, so

> >a few days ago, a package arrived at my desk with a 5620 keyboard enclosed.
> >No note, no hint as to who sent it.

That was definitely *not* me!  :-)

> >So to make the story short, if you sent me this keyboard, could you drop
> >me a line, or call ?? I sure would like to get the other parts.
>[....]
> If anybody has a 5620 they would like to get rid of, please send me mail.
> thanks

We still have a very few 5620's left from the lot we had.  I could
possibly even be convinced to sell one.  We *were* offering them for
$500(cdn) ea. (or $350 ea. in lots of 3 or more, but we don't have
that many more to sell!), plus shipping and handling.  UPS will just
barely take them, as they weigh 70lbs in the box.
--
							Greg A. Woods
woods@{eci386,gate,robohack,ontmoh,tmsoft}.UUCP		ECI and UniForum Canada