[unix-pc.sources] Wrong file in the XMODEM posting -- need the real xmodem.l

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (07/27/88)

The recent posting of the xmodem thing for the unix pc has a serious
flaw: somehow the contents of xmodem.1 (the man page) overwrote the
contents of xmodem.l (the lex source) before the thing was wrapped.

An attempt to make fails immediately on lex-ing this roff-stuff.

This should doubtless be reposted.  It's small, and seems useful.

For you fanatics, I am duly ashamed of myself for posting a nonsource
to a sources group, but point out there's no sources.d here.

---
Kevin O'Gorman ( kevin@kosman ) voice: 805-984-8042
  Vital Computer Systems, 5115 Beachcomber, Oxnard, CA  93035

grs@alobar.ATT.COM (Gregg Siegfried) (08/02/88)

In article <444@kosman.UUCP> kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) writes:
>The recent posting of the xmodem thing for the unix pc has a serious
>flaw: somehow the contents of xmodem.1 (the man page) overwrote the
>contents of xmodem.l (the lex source) before the thing was wrapped.
>
>An attempt to make fails immediately on lex-ing this roff-stuff.

There isn't any lex source in the xmodem distribution.  The attempt
to lex the xmodem.l file is due to make's built in rule for
transforming files whose names end in .l.  Try renaming the xmodem.l
file xmodem.1 or xmodem.man or something, and everything should be
peachy.

>For you fanatics, I am duly ashamed of myself for posting a nonsource
>to a sources group, but point out there's no sources.d here.

Ditto .. :-)

--
 Gregg Siegfried            | Nothing I say should be taken as AT&T
 AT&T - Cincinnati          | policy or opinion .. I just hack here.