[unix-pc.sources] request for troff

dlp@akguc.ATT.COM (Dan Philen) (11/30/88)

this reply because I have difficulty with mail to some of you.

I had requested the source for printer drivers for dot matrix printers,
having already gotten the code for troff, eqn, etc.  Many have asked
if they could get a copy of the source.

Unfortunately, the code is AT&T proprietary, and I am not able
to release it to those outside the company.  This was the agreement
I made when I first got it.  I am sorry in not being able to help
those requesting it, but I can't see risking my job over such a thing.
I'm sure you can understand.

I understand that troff is available commercially for about $600
in a package call "eroff", I think.  I forgot the name  of the company
that sells it, but I sure someone on the net will supply it after reading
this message.  If you have a good business application, then it is
probably worth looking into.  I understand it it a good package.

Dan Philen  akatt!akguc!dlp

rjh@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Herber) (12/02/88)

In article <9533@akguc.ATT.COM> dlp@akguc.ATT.COM (Dan Philen) writes:

>I understand that troff is available commercially for about $600
>in a package call "eroff", I think.  I forgot the name  of the company
>that sells it, but I sure someone on the net will supply it after reading
>this message.  If you have a good business application, then it is
>probably worth looking into.  I understand it it a good package.
>
>Dan Philen  akatt!akguc!dlp

The firm is:
	Elan Computer Group,
	410 Cambridge Ave., Suite A
	Palo Alto, CA 94036

	+1 415 322 2450

	{ames|uunet|hplabs}!ames!postmaster

The price for the UNIXpc version is $795 + $5 for surface shipping.

	Randolph J. Herber, {att|amdahl|mcdchg|laidbak|clout}!yclept!root

Disclaimers: I am speaking for myself and the information was extracted from
	     recent advertisements from the firm and the USENET maps.

root@yclept.UUCP (Root) (12/03/88)

In article <10712@ihlpa.ATT.COM> rjh@ihlpa.UUCP (45261-Herber,R.J.) writes:
}In article <9533@akguc.ATT.COM> dlp@akguc.ATT.COM (Dan Philen) writes:
}>
}>I understand that troff is available commercially for about $600
}>in a package call "eroff", I think.  I forgot the name  of the company
}>that sells it, but I sure someone on the net will supply it after reading
}>this message.  If you have a good business application, then it is
}>probably worth looking into.  I understand it it a good package.
}>
}>Dan Philen  akatt!akguc!dlp
}
}The firm is:
}	Elan Computer Group,
}	410 Cambridge Ave., Suite A
}	Palo Alto, CA 94036
}
}	+1 415 322 2450
}
}	{ames|uunet|hplabs}!ames!postmaster
 	{ames|uunet|hplabs}!ames!elan!postmaster
}
}The price for the UNIXpc version is $795 + $5 for surface shipping.
}
}	Randolph J. Herber, {att|amdahl|mcdchg|laidbak|clout}!yclept!root
}
}Disclaimers: I am speaking for myself and the information was extracted from
}	     recent advertisements from the firm and the USENET maps.

I discovered that I took a "finger check" -- a typographical error.
The name of the firm's machine was left out of the path, my error.

sac@conrad.UUCP (Steven A. Conrad) (12/05/88)

In article <9533@akguc.ATT.COM> dlp@akguc.ATT.COM (Dan Philen) writes:

>I understand that troff is available commercially for about $600
>in a package call "eroff", I think.  I forgot the name  of the company
>that sells it, but I sure someone on the net will supply it after reading
>this message.  If you have a good business application, then it is
>probably worth looking into.  I understand it it a good package.

I have names and addresses of two suppliers of troff packages for
the Unix-pc.  The one I use personally is:

	Tplus(R), supplied by:
		Textware International
		P.O. Box 14, Harvard Sqare Station
		Cambridge, MA 02238
		(616) UNI-TEXT

The last quote I have for the Unix-pc is about $600, including the fonts.
Another package is:

	Eroff(R), supplied by:
		Elan Computer Group
		410 Cambridge Ave., Suite A
		Palo Alto, CA 94306
		(415) 322-2450

The last quote I have for the Unix-pc is $795.  I think fonts are extra.
I am not aware of any other companies supplying for the Unix-pc.  Forgive
me if I left anyone out
--
Steven A. Conrad,  Department of Medicine (Critical Care)
Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA