[bionet.general] Another reply RE:metabolic modelling

wallace@fmi.ch (05/31/88)

From: Andrew Wallace <wallace%fmi.ch@RELAY.CS.NET>

Another reply for those interested in the information (myself included).
Andrew Wallace, FMI, Basel, Switzerland.

==================
Date: 30 May 88 19:09 +0100
From: YDC@NIHCUDEC.BITNET
To:  <wallace@FMI.CH>
Subject: modeling
Return-Receipt-To: YDC@NIHCUDEC.BITNET

I am also very interested in metabolic modeling, but my laziness usually
limits my interest to some analytical methods (quite a few interesting
theoprems and methods exist here as you know).  If you are interested,
I can send you some of that (on paper).
I have done some numerical things re metabolic control theory (which is a
sort of sensitivity analysis), which involves little more than tyhe inversion
of a matriox.
        Complete solution of pathways has been written by a number of people:
1.Garfinkel & Kohn
2.Athel Cornish-Bowden (FRANCE)
3.Janny Hofmeyr (South-Africa; he is on the good side)
Am now at home, near the pool, i.e, not near their addresses.  If you
are interested, I can send you the addresses tomorrow.
        Keep in touch, All the best,
Hans V. Westerhoff
NIH, Building 2, room 319, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA (301)4965436
BITNET YDC@NIHCUDEC