[bionet.general] bionet.politics problem

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (01/20/89)

I'm puzzled - the latest "alt" list in "comp.announce.newusers"
doesn't seem to include 'bionet.politics".

I hope that's an oversight, rather than a deletion of what ought
to be a valuable newsgroup.

---
Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
Internet: bdb@becker.UUCP, bruce@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
BitNet:   BECKER@HUMBER.BITNET

eddy@stjude.org (Pat Eddy) (04/21/89)

In article <12464062272.18.KRISTOFFERSON@BIONET-20.BIO.NET>, Kristofferson@BIONET-20.BIO.NET (David Kristofferson) writes:
> bionet.politics does not exist any longer because users went overboard
> on several occasions.  It's original intent was to inform scientists
> on political matters relevant to them but unfortunately people did not
> restrict themselves to that topic.  BIONET is funded by the NIH to
> promote scientific research, not political discussions.  There are
> many other USENET newsgroups where people can express political
> opinions.  It is against regulations to use government money to
> promote personal political views, and this is definitely not part of
> BIONET's mission.
>
> 				Sincerely,
>
> 				Dave Kristofferson
> 				BIONET Resource Manager
>
> 				kristofferson@bionet-20.bio.net
>
> -------

This is testing the ANSWER command in NEWS. It's not working either.
Please ignore.  Sorry to bother you.