[bionet.general] Computational Methods

morrow@murdu.oz (Christopher Morrow) (06/18/89)

I have just read the review by Gunnar von Heijne in Nature 338:388 of
Computational Molecular Biology: Sources and Methods for sequence
analysis.  editor A.M. Lesk.  It sounds like a useful book
but the reviewer notes that little information is provided on the
Algorithms and actual methods used by computers.

Could some one suggest a good book covering these areas.

Chris Morrow

UNASMITH@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Una Smith) (06/20/89)

Christopher Morrow writes:

>I have just read the review by Gunnar von Heijne in Nature 338:388 of
>Computational Molecular Biology: Sources and Methods for sequence
>analysis.  editor A.M. Lesk.  It sounds like a useful book
>but the reviewer notes that little information is provided on the
>Algorithms and actual methods used by computers.

>Could some one suggest a good book covering these areas.

Springer-Verlag has a wonderful series of contributed textbooks
called Mathematics in ... .  I've just ordered a review copy of
Mathematics in Ecology.

  Una Smith     UNASMITH@PUCC
                unasmith@pucc.princeton.edu
                una@tropic.princeton.edu