[bionet.general] desist!

silverman@FCRFV1.NCIFCRF.GOV ("Silverman, Sanford") (11/28/89)

If I see another subscribe message for Prosite, I'm going to scream.  Would
someone kindly explain to all of us (I've made this same mistake myself) the
difference between the bulletin board posting address and the subscrib or
help address.  Thanks!

Mats.Sundvall@bio.embnet.se (11/28/89)

In article <8911272306.AA09471@net.bio.net>, silverman@FCRFV1.NCIFCRF.GOV ("Silverman, Sanford") writes:
> If I see another subscribe message for Prosite, I'm going to scream.  Would
> someone kindly explain to all of us (I've made this same mistake myself) the
> difference between the bulletin board posting address and the subscrib or
> help address.  Thanks!

The amount of subscribe messages on bionet bboards just show that there is
enough interest to send these bulletins direct to a bionet bboard. As I
suggested before, send them to the swiss-prot bboard. Then nobody has to
subscribe to a new bboard. And the PROSITE DB shall be distributed along with
the SWISS databank as I understand it.

	Mats Sundvall
	University of Uppsala