[bionet.general] can't print Common Feature Table Definition

dbd@THEORY.BCHS.UH.EDU (Dan Davison) (06/01/90)

The Common Feature Table Definition postscript file will not print on
our Postscript printers-DEC Scriptwriters in this case.  The reason
is when the document was composed in MicroSloth Word the following
Apple-specific command set was used:

%%IncludeProcSet: "(AppleDict md)" 60 0

Does anyone have either a substitute for this command set or know
of some way to get a file with this requirement printed on a non-Apple
printer?

Thanks,

dan davison
davison@uh.edu

wmf%life@LANL.GOV (Will Fischer) (06/02/90)

Please post responses to the above to the bulletin board...
(Need a substitute for <<%%IncludeProcSet: "(AppleDict md)" 60 0>>
in Microsoft Word postscript files.)

-- Will Fischer
   (wmf@life.lanl.gov)

gilbertd@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) (06/02/90)

In article <9006011628.AA02326@theory.BCHS.UH.EDU> dbd@THEORY.BCHS.UH.EDU (Dan Davison) writes:
>The Common Feature Table Definition postscript file will not print on
>our Postscript printers-DEC Scriptwriters in this case.  The reason
>is when the document was composed in MicroSloth Word the following
>Apple-specific command set was used:
>
>%%IncludeProcSet: "(AppleDict md)" 60 0
>
>Does anyone have either a substitute for this command set or know
>of some way to get a file with this requirement printed on a non-Apple
>printer?
>
>Thanks,
>
>dan davison
>davison@uh.edu

Fetch the file LASERPREP-DEC.PS from Iubio archive and prepend it to the
mac postscript file you have, or just send to printer first.  I use the
vms print command as
   $ print/que=laser$que  laserprep-dec.ps + myfile.ps

This laserprep-dec.ps file is found in directory [archive.util.vms],
after anonymous ftp to iubio.bio.indiana.edu

		-- Don

Don.Gilbert@Iubio.Bio.Indiana.Edu
biocomputing office, indiana univ., bloomington, in 47405, usa