[bionet.general] Codon usage database

AJB@dlvh.daresbury.ac.uk (02/13/91)

I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of such a thing.
It'd make translation of orfs from nucleic acid database sequences much
easier.

Thanks in advance

Alan Bleasby
SERC Daresbury Laboratory
Daresbury
Warrington WA4 4AD
UK

Email: AJB@DLVH.DARESBURY.AC.UK

toms@fcs260c2.ncifcrf.gov (Tom Schneider) (02/14/91)

In article <9102122255.AA27052@genbank.bio.net> AJB@dlvh.daresbury.ac.uk writes:

Codon usage databases:
>I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of such a thing.

Embl server NETHELP@EMBL.bitnet (I think)
    * CodonUsage *
    A collection of codon frequency tables, produced by J.M. Cherry, was kindly
    provided by Don Gilbert, Indiana, and is stored in the directory CODONUSAGE.    Codon usage information is available for Drosophila, human, mouse, sea
    urchin, S. pombe and S. saccharomyces. All files are in the format
    required by the GCG sequence analysis package.

and

modl.unibas.ch                          Biocomputing server
131.152.1.2                             Biozentrum, Universitaet Basel

(/biology/EMBnet)                       EMBL ( updated daily)

(/biology/databases)                    many databases,e.g.
                                        alu sequences list
                                        SwissEnzyme, Prosite
                                        GCG (3) format codon tables
Reinhard Doelz,                         Journal tables of contents
doelz@urz.unibas.ch                     LiMB,TFD,ECD,EPD,REBASE,DROS

>Alan Bleasby
>SERC Daresbury Laboratory
>Daresbury