[bionet.software.contrib] PD Vax software...

elliston@rob.UUCP ( Keith Elliston) (03/29/89)

I have seen a lot of software for the PC and some for the Mac, but is there any
archive of sequence analysis software (PD or similar) for Vaxen and Unix        machines (SUN's)???  It seems to me that much of the sequence analysis done by
molecular biology computing folks is done on machines a little more powerful
than the Mac's and PC that seem to have all the software.  I would really
like to see someone start and archive of PD sequence analysis software for
Vaxen and Unix.

Anyone listening out there????

Keith

uunet!rob!elliston

harper@opmvax.kpo.fi (Robert Harper (Finland)) (03/31/89)

In article <349@rob.UUCP>, elliston@rob.UUCP ( Keith Elliston) writes:
> I have seen a lot of software for the PC and some for the Mac, but
> is there any archive of sequence analysis software (PD or similar)
> for Vaxen and Unix

PD software for molecular biology for Vaxen is pretty thin on the ground.
However if you are only interested in "ordinary" PD software for VAX then
on BITNET you should try investigating VMSSERV@UBVMSD, and if you want
things like UU**CODE and ARCVMS then the <MISC.VAXVMS> directory on SIMTEL-20
has got quite a few interesting utilities for the VAX on offer, which
come in handy if you hae FTP'd any of the files from the BIONET direcories.

-=ROB=-

eddy@stjude.org (Pat Eddy) (04/21/89)

In article <349@rob.UUCP>, elliston@rob.UUCP ( Keith Elliston) writes:
> I have seen a lot of software for the PC and some for the Mac, but is there any
> archive of sequence analysis software (PD or similar) for Vaxen and Unix        machines (SUN's)???  It seems to me that much of the sequence analysis done by
> molecular biology computing folks is done on machines a little more powerful
> than the Mac's and PC that seem to have all the software.  I would really
> like to see someone start and archive of PD sequence analysis software for
> Vaxen and Unix.
>
> Anyone listening out there????
>

> Keith
>
> uunet!rob!elliston