[bionet.molbio.genbank] Authorin Beta Release for Mac

ryals@GENBANK.BIO.NET (Julie Ryals) (01/17/91)

         AUTHORIN BETA RELEASE 2.1 FOR THE MACINTOSH
                     IS AVAILABLE!

GenBank is pleased to announce the availability of Authorin Beta Release
2.1B1Qa pre-release of its popular sequence submission program for the
Macintosh.

Who should get this release?

If you are planning to submit sequence data to GenBank between now and
April 15, 1991 (the release date for Authorin 2.1), you should contact us
for a copy of this release.

Why is GenBank offering a Beta release to the public?

Authorin Release 2.0 was a solid first release of the program for the
Macintosh.  However, it uses a library of development routines that are
incompatible with some Macintosh computers and environments.  Authorin
Beta Release 2.1B1:

*  works on the Macintosh Plus, Macintosh SE, Macintosh SE/30,
   Macintosh II, Macintosh IIci, Macintosh IIcx, and Macintosh IIfx
*  works under Finder or MultiFinder
*  works with systems 6.0.3 through 6.0.7
*  works with 32-bit Color QuickDraw 1.0 and 1.2

How can you help us?

We are determined to provide you with the best software product possible,
but we need your help.  We encourage you to use the Beta release and suggest
improvements to the look and function of Authorin.  We would like to
incorporate your recommendations in the final release of Authorin 2.1,
whenever possible.  In addition, although Authorin is tested rigorously before
we release it, we would like users to test the program on their systems and
report any problems that may occur.  It is especially important that the
program be tested on the systems that we do not currently have in-house,
which include:  the Macintosh Classic, the Macintosh LC, and the Macintosh
IIsi. Testing by actual users often uncovers more subtle problems and ensures
that Authorin performs correctly under a broad spectrum of operating
conditions.

We are committed to making Authorin a simple, responsive, and powerful
program.  We want it to be as easy to use as possible.  We invite your
comments on the program. To receive a copy of the Macintosh Beta Release,
please contact us at:
                      authorin@genbank.bio.net
                      (415) 964-7364
John Rice
Manager, GenBank Software Development

smith@mcclb0.med.nyu.edu (01/18/91)

In article <CMM.0.88.664048747.ryals@genbank.bio.net>, ryals@GENBANK.BIO.NET (Julie Ryals) writes:

How about a stiffit/binhexed version for FTP?

|Ross Smith, Cell Biology,  NYU Medical Center,  550 First Ave.,  NYC, 10016|
|Phone: (212) 340-5356: FAX: (212) 340-8139 (Alternate NYUMC) (212) 340-7190|
|E-Mail:  SMITH@NYUMED.BITNET (BITNET),  SMITH@MCCLB0.MED.NYU.EDU (Internet)|

kristoff@GENBANK.BIO.NET (Dave Kristofferson) (01/18/91)

> In article <CMM.0.88.664048747.ryals@genbank.bio.net>, ryals@GENBANK.BIO.NET (Julie Ryals) writes:
>
> How about a stiffit/binhexed version for FTP?

We want to know who is getting the beta version for our testing
purposes.  When the real release is ready, the program will go up for
FTP.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager