[bionet.molbio.bio-matrix] LiMB Database

dtinker%gpu.utcs.toronto.edu@RELAY.CS.NET ("Prof. David Tinker") (06/27/88)

From: dtinker@utgpu.UUCP (Prof. David Tinker)
Subject: LiMB - Molecular Biology Database

                      LiMB - Molecular Biology Database
                      =================================

I have prepared an extract of the LiMB database, (LIMBXTR), which contains
for each LiMB entry the following:

    %ENT:    Entry Code
    %NUM:    LiMB Number of Database
    %NAM:    Database Name
    %ALT:    Alternate Name(s) separated by semicolon (up to 4)
    %KEY:    Keywords (up to 11)
    %ACC:    Access to Data
    %ITM:    Number of Items in Database
    ///

LIMBXTR is available from me in several formats:
   (i)  A flat file,  LIMBXTR.DAT (about 11K) together with two short  utility
programs in C for accessing line items.
   (ii)  A  Dbase III (tm) file,  LIMBXTR.DBF (about 20K) containing the  same
data in structured form, together with a dictionary of all the keywords.
   (iii)  On  request,  the structured LIMBXTR database can be provided  in  a
number of other formats,  including Lotus-123 (tm) worksheet,  PC-FileIII (tm)
or Data Interchange Format (DIF).

     Please  request  copies from me by E-mail (not postings),  or by  regular
mail/voice,  specifying the version preferred;  E-mailed files will be sent as
uuencoded binaries (ARC).
! David O. Tinker             !     ^ ^     !      UUCP: utgpu!dtinker    !
! Department of Biochemistry  !   < O O >   !    BITNET: dtinker@utoronto !
! University of Toronto       !      ^      !       BIX: dtinker          !
! TORONTO, Ontario, Canada    !    #####    !     Voice: (416) 978-3636   !
! M5S 1A8                     !             ! And so on.                  !
!                             !    Hi ho    !                             !