[comp.mail.mh] Anyone actually tried mail hooks in 6.5?

benson@ksr.UUCP (Benson Margulies) (11/07/87)

As per the man page supplied with MH6.5, I tried putting

| /usr/local/lib/mh/slocal -user $USER

into my .forward, and creating a suitable .maildelivery file.

When I send myself mail with

  send -nopush -watch,

I see the following curious error

  sh: /usr/local/lib/mh/slocal.-user.benson not found

I'm running SunOS 3.4. Any suggestions?
--
Benson I. Margulies                         Kendall Square Research Corp.
harvard!ksr!benson			    ksr!benson@harvard.harvard.edu

goldberg@russell.STANFORD.EDU (Jeffrey Goldberg) (11/09/87)

In article <193@ksr.UUCP> benson@ksr.UUCP () writes:

>As per the man page supplied with MH6.5, I tried putting

>| /usr/local/lib/mh/slocal -user $USER

>I see the following curious error
>  sh: /usr/local/lib/mh/slocal.-user.benson not found

You need to put double quotes around the material in the .forward
file.

For those of you wondering why I posted this instead of replied by
mail it is because I have heard from a number of people that they
have not been able to get slocal to run on SunOS.
>I'm running SunOS 3.4. Any suggestions?

A suggestion would be to let us know if fixxing this you get slocal
to run at all.  (I get a memory fault and a core dump.)

>--
>Benson I. Margulies                         Kendall Square Research Corp.
>harvard!ksr!benson			    ksr!benson@harvard.harvard.edu

-jeff goldberg
--
Jeff Goldberg