[comp.mail.mh] Does anyone understand Alternative-Mailboxes

benson@phantom.ksr.com (Benson Margulies) (01/11/88)

I have the following line in my .mh_profile:

Alternative-Mailboxes: benson, *!benson, benson@*, *!benson@*, margulies*, *!margulies, *!margulies*@

and it seems to have no effect. Replies still get generated to
various forms of myself.

Can anyone help me? (i'm running 6.5)

Benson I. Margulies                         Kendall Square Research Corp.
harvard!ksr!benson			    ksr!benson@harvard.harvard.edu

chapman@eris.BERKELEY.EDU (Brent Chapman) (01/11/88)

#
#Alternative-Mailboxes: benson, *!benson, benson@*, *!benson@*, margulies*, *!margulies, *!margulies*@
#
#and it seems to have no effect. Replies still get generated to
#various forms of myself.

Well, first off, it's "Alternate-Mailboxes:", not "Alternative-Mailboxes:".

And you need to add "-nocc me" to the "repl:" line (create one if it isn't
already there) in your .mh_profile file.

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman					Capital Market Technology, Inc.
Senior Programmer/Analyst			1995 University Ave., Suite 390

benson@ksr.UUCP (Benson Margulies) (01/12/88)

In article <210@ksr.UUCP> benson@ksr.UUCP () writes:
>I have the following line in my .mh_profile:
>
>Alternative-Mailboxes: benson, *!benson, benson@*, *!benson@*, margulies*, *!margulies, *!margulies*@

Various individuals offered the advice that I needed:

 repl: -nocc me

in the .mh_profile. Sadly, this has no visible effect.
Barring further information, I will probably apply dbx to the problem
and attempt to plumb the depths.