[comp.mail.mh] newline after Date:

jch@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Jeffrey C Honig) (02/25/88)

I'm using MH 6.5 and am a bit annoyed that mhl puts a newline after the
Date: field.  I have tried every contortion I can think of to mhl.format
with no luck.  Is there a way to do this?  Source patches are welcome.

Thanks

Jeff

tr%wind@bellcore.COM (02/26/88)

I didn't need the reformatting of the data field so I just didn't
mention it in my ~/Mail/mhl.format file.  Here is the file:

	overflowtext="***",overflowoffset=5
	leftadjust,compwidth=9
	ignores=msgid,message-id,received,to
	cc:
	extras:nocomponent
	:
	body:nocomponent,overflowtext=,overflowoffset=0,noleftadjust

I don't understand all of it but I made enough modifications to
like it.

Tom Reingold                    INTERNET:       tr@bellcore.bellcore.com
Bell Communications Research    UUCP:           rutgers!bellcore!tr
435 South St room 2L350         SOUNDNET:       (201) 829-4622 [work]
Morristown, NJ 07960                            (201) 287-2345 [home]