[comp.mail.mh] Converting mailbox format to mh message format

tr@wind.bellcore.com (tom reingold) (03/04/88)

Someone posted a very simple and elegant to take a mailbox file
with many messages in it and convert it to many mh message files.
I lost it and would like a copy.  I think a repost might be warranted,
since it was so small and is generally useful.  If you prefer, you
can send me mail at the one of the addresses below.

Thank you.

Tom Reingold                    INTERNET:       tr@bellcore.bellcore.com
Bell Communications Research    UUCP:           rutgers!bellcore!tr
435 South St room 2L350         SOUNDNET:       (201) 829-4622 [work]
Morristown, NJ 07960                            (201) 287-2345 [home]

bd@hpsemc.HP.COM (bob desinger) (03/09/88)

tom reingold (tr@wind.bellcore.com) writes:
> Someone posted a very simple and elegant to take a mailbox file
> with many messages in it and convert it to many mh message files.
> I lost it and would like a copy.

Would this do the trick?  Supposing the file you want to parse is "mbox":

	% inc -file mbox -truncate

This breaks mbox up into +inbox/*.  You can also type:

	% inc -file mbox -truncate +oldmail

to refile everything into +oldmail.

-- bd