[comp.mail.mh] mh 6.5 bug in header parsing

benson@ksr.UUCP (Benson Margulies) (05/19/88)

the header parser chokes on <> form addresses, like:

To: Attila The Hun <bjoy@sun.com>

This winds up complaining about its inability to send mail to
attilathehun.

This makes it impossible to reply to certain messages.

version: MH 6.5 #46[UCI] (phantom) of Thu Nov  5 16:00:49 EST 1987
         [MHRC] [SBACKUP='"#"'] [SENDMTS]
--
Benson I. Margulies                         Kendall Square Research Corp.
harvard!ksr!benson			    ksr!benson@harvard.harvard.edu

tutiya@russell.STANFORD.EDU (Syun Tutiya) (05/20/88)

In article <345@ksr.UUCP> benson@ksr.UUCP (Benson Margulies) writes:
>the header parser chokes on <> form addresses, like:
>
>To: Attila The Hun <bjoy@sun.com>
>
>This winds up complaining about its inability to send mail to
>attilathehun.
>
>This makes it impossible to reply to certain messages.

Actually it is still possible to "reply to certain messages" either by

1. editing the field manually, or

2. rewriting the replcomps so repl reads Return-Path or Reply-To field
   first rather than From field.

I took 2 but this sometimes picks you up another strange reply address
from Reply-To, with which I can live by using -query.  But -query in
.mh_profile does not seem to be supported by mh-e for 18.50 gnuemacs
release, which made me alias 'reple -query' to something in shell.

Syun
(tutiya@csli.stanford.edu)