[comp.mail.mh] help needed putting mh together with sendmail

abc@ecrcvax.UUCP (Andy Cheese) (10/18/88)

we have mh-6.5 compiled and installed.
when using commands such as "whom -check" and "send" after finishing with
"comp" i just get the message :

"problem initializing server; [BHST] no servers available"

can anybody help ?

Andy Cheese
ECRC
European Computer-Industry Research Centre GMBH
(Forschungszentrum)
Arabellastrasse 17
D-8000 Muenchen 81
West Germany

abc@ecrcvax.uucp
...!unido!ecrcvax!abc

From the USA : ...!pyramid!ecrcvax!abc

mk%elbereth.irb@unido.uucp (Michael Kuschke) (10/20/88)

In article <641@ecrcvax.UUCP> abc@ecrcvax.UUCP (Andy Cheese) writes:
>we have mh-6.5 compiled and installed.
>when using commands such as "whom -check" and "send" after finishing with
>"comp" i just get the message :
>
>"problem initializing server; [BHST] no servers available"

I had a similar Problem here after switching or /etc/hosts Files to new
registered IP-Adresses.  In the file /usr/local/lib/mh/mtstailor there's
a line like:
server: localhost \01localnet
or so.  To get MH work simply add a localhost alias to your /etc/hosts
(127.0.0.1 localhosts,  on our SUN's) or edit the file mentioned above.

>can anybody help ?
>
> ... [stuff deleted]

	Beste Gruesse,

	  -Michael
  Michael Kuschke				  uucp: mk@unido.uucp
  Computer Science Department - IRB		        (...uunet!unido!mk)
  University of Dortmund			  BITNET: MK@DDOINF6.BITNET
  D-4600 Dortmund 50,PO-Box 500500, W.-Germany	  voice:  +49 231 755 2422