[comp.mail.mh] MH on VMS?

jdpeek@RODAN.ACS.SYR.EDU (Jerry Peek) (06/02/89)

I miss MH mail when I'm using our VAX 8810 (VMS 5.0).
I don't think it'd be easy at all to just port MH and recompile
under VMS -- the filesystem is just too different, I think.

But is there an MH look-alike mail system that runs under VMS?  Thanks.

--Jerry Peek; Syracuse University Academic Computing Services; Syracuse, NY
  jdpeek@rodan.acs.syr.edu, jdpeek@suvm.bitnet
  +1 315 443-3995

leres@ace.ee.lbl.gov (Craig Leres) (06/06/89)

Jerry Peek writes:
> I miss MH mail when I'm using our VAX 8810 (VMS 5.0).
> I don't think it'd be easy at all to just port MH and recompile
> under VMS -- the filesystem is just too different, I think.
>
> But is there an MH look-alike mail system that runs under VMS?  Thanks.

I used to use mh 6.5 on VMS V4.7 under Eunice. We ran the Software
Tools mailer and had to write code to properly lock the mail drop and
handle the different message delimiters. It was pretty slow but worked
like a champ.

		Craig