[comp.mail.mh] Need information about installing MH

lnb@bnrunix.UUCP (Lynn Brackett) (06/09/89)

I am installing MH-6.5 on a Sun workstation running SunOS 4.0.  MH will use
"sendmail/smtp" as the message transport system, and will have POP enabled.
I need to reconfigure sendmail in order to enable POP.  According to the MH
Programmer's Manual, I need to:

	"add the line
		include(popMH.m4)
	 after the line
		include(localm.m4)"

in the sendmail configuration file.  However, the referenced "include"
line does not exist in sendmail.cf.  Any information about reconfiguring
sendmail to enable POP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lynn Brackett		 	UUCP: ...mcnc!rti!bnrunix!lnb
Bell Northern Research		(919) 991-7798

wisner@anableps.berkeley.edu (Bill Wisner) (06/09/89)

You can probably just plug the file "popMH.m4" (from the MH distribution)
into your sendmail.cf file. DO NOT TAKE THIS AS GOSPEL, however, as I
haven't looked at Sun's sendmail configuration. For all I know, plugging
in their pop configuration may break things horribly. However your
sendmail.cf may be set up, making POP work should be fairly straightforwad.

david@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (David Lassner) (06/10/89)

In article <206@bnrunix.UUCP> lnb@bnrunix.UUCP (Lynn Brackett) writes:
>I need to reconfigure sendmail in order to enable POP.  According to the MH
>Programmer's Manual, I need to:
>	"add the line include(popMH.m4)
>	 after the line	include(localm.m4)"
>in the sendmail configuration file.  However, the referenced "include"
>line does not exist in sendmail.cf.

Look for a line which looks like:
	Mlocal, P=/bin/mail, F=rlsDFMmnP, S=10, R=20, A=mail -d $u

and after it, add the contents of the popMH.m4 file:
	Mpop,   P=/usr/local/lib/spop, F=nsmFDM, S=17, R=27, A=pop $u
(or whatever it is).

You might also want to install the latest version of MH though, 6.6
instead of 6.5.  It's available on louie.udel.edu.
--
David Lassner, University of Hawaii Computing Center, 808/948-7351
INTERNET: david@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu      BITNET: david@uhccux