[comp.mail.mh] Patch releases

jromine@ics.uci.edu (John Romine) (06/13/89)

In article <3803@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> (Christopher F. Bryden) writes:
>I've heard the rumor that the person who wrote MH is not going
>to support it in the future.

Well, UCI MH never had any *official* support.  However, now that I'm
back at UCI, and mail/networking is my job, I plan to be installing
fixes, and sending out "official" patches.  I'm not sure how well the
patches are going to work, but the distribution is getting too big to
send out entire new releases.

The first patch (for MH-6.6) will go out pretty soon.  It will likely
include support for shared libraries under Sun OS 4.0, and an option to
compile the BBoards system to talk to the NNTP server, instead of the
POP server.

--
John Romine