[comp.mail.mh] Information on digestifier program wanted

luken@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu (Kenneth R. van Wyk) (06/14/89)

Could someone offer me a pointer on digesting a group of mail messages
(not *un*digesting) under MH.  I'm currently using an RMAIL based GNU
EMACS digestifier to digest my mail forum, VIRUS-L, but I'm going to a
place where MH is used.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Ken van Wyk

P.S. Please send to my new email address: krvw@sei.cmu.edu

krvw@sei.cmu.edu (Kenneth Van Wyk) (06/28/89)

  In article Information on digestifier program wanted of 14 Jun 89
  13:58:14 GMT luken@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu (Kenneth R. van Wyk) writes:

>Could someone offer me a pointer on digesting a group of mail messages
>(not *un*digesting) under MH.

Regarding my previous posting (above), I've subsequently found out
that the MH forw program can be used to create a digest.  However, it
does nothing in the way of keeping track of volume/issue numbers and
so forth that are necessary in sending out digests.  Does anyone have
a "canned" shell script to do this, so that I don't have to reinvent
any wheels?

Thanks for any help.

Ken

Kenneth R. van Wyk
Technical Coordinator, Computer Emergency Response Team
Software Engineering Institute
Carnegie Mellon University
Internet: <krvw@SEI.CMU.EDU>