[comp.mail.mh] using 'repl'

smulrine@cs.strath.ac.uk (Stephen K Mulrine) (12/07/89)

How do you get repl to indent replied-to mail with '>' symbols?

The manual entry points to a filter file but it doesn't explain it
properly. Currently my filter file indents by four spaces and I use vi
to do a global substitute.

Could someone please e-mail me the necessary filter file?

Thanks in advance.
--
+-------------------+  +--+  +-------------------------+         +----------+
+-------------------+ | Breakfast at the diner, Nothing could be finer    |-+ |
  +-| Front 242 |-----| When you're squashing cats and voles in Caroliner |---+
    +-----------+     +---------------------------------------------------+

schwager@m.cs.uiuc.edu (12/12/89)

> /* ---------- "using 'repl'" ---------- */
> How do you get repl to indent replied-to mail with '>' symbols?

Here's my filter file:

overflowtext="***",overflowoffset=7
compress
date:component="Your message
dated",formatfield="%<(nodate{text})%{text}%|%(pret
ty{text})%>"
nocompress
:--------
body:component="> "

-Mike

smulrine@cs.strath.ac.uk (Stephen K Mulrine) (12/12/89)

In article <1108@baird.cs.strath.ac.uk> smulrine@cs.strath.ac.uk (Stephen K Mulrine) writes:
>How do you get repl to indent replied-to mail with '>' symbols?

Thanks again to all the people who sent me their filter files.
It's not possible that they're _all_ wrong (in fact, it's not possible
that _any_ of them is wrong) - there's a bug in our version of MH (6.3).
Only one line of the body is indented - with "> : ". The other lines are
left intact.
--

jromine@ics.uci.edu (John Romine) (12/14/89)

>... there's a bug in our version of MH (6.3).  Only one line of the
> body is indented - with "> : ". The other lines are left intact.

Yes.  You need a newer version.  I changed mhl to support this option,
and there were some fixes to it as well.  You can ftp MH-6.6 from
ics.uci.edu, among other places.
--
John Romine