[comp.mail.mh] Save outbound mail

kjd@mold.dec.com (Kevin J. Dunlap - DECwest Engineering) (12/15/89)

This is a simple question, but I can't seem to find
the answer in the MH documentation.

Is there a way to have MH save all the messages you send in a folder?

I would like to create a folder called outbox and every time I send
a mail message, the message gets saved in outbox.

Is there any way to do this?

-Kevin

Kevin J. Dunlap                 kjd@decwet.dec.com                 206/865-8840
Digital Equipment Corporation, 14475 NE 24th St, Bellevue, WA 98007

truesdel@sun217..nas.nasa.gov (David A. Truesdell) (12/15/89)

kjd@mold.dec.com (Kevin J. Dunlap - DECwest Engineering) writes:

>Is there a way to have MH save all the messages you send in a folder?
>
>I would like to create a folder called outbox and every time I send
>a mail message, the message gets saved in outbox.

Yes, I do this all the time.  All you need is a private "components" file
with a "Fcc" entry.  Mine looks like:

Fcc:		AuthorCopy
Reply-to:	truesdel@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov
Subject:
--------

So everytime I send a message it automatically gets saved in the folder
"AuthorCopy".  I do the same time for "repl" and "forw" by having similar
entrys in "replcomps" and "forwcomps".

T.T.F.N.,
dave truesdell (truesdel@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov)

"To have the networks as our playground, we have to preserve our sense of
 trust; to do that, we have to take it seriously when people break that trust."

aks@hub (Alan Stebbens , ks%ccse@hub.ucsb.EDU) (12/15/89)

> This is a simple question, but I can't seem to find
> the answer in the MH documentation.

> Is there a way to have MH save all the messages you send in a
> folder?

> I would like to create a folder called outbox and every time I
> send a mail message, the message gets saved in outbox.

> Is there any way to do this?

No doubt you've already and will hear from others about this, but
just in case not...

Use the "Fcc:" field, which will cause the message to be filed
under the specified folder(s).

The documentation is under "man send"; look for "Fcc:".

Alan Stebbens        <aks@hub.ucsb.edu>             (805) 961-3221
     Center for Computational Sciences and Engineering (CCSE)
          University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB)
           3111 Engineering I, Santa Barbara, CA 93106