Date: 11 Jan 90 09:29:51 GMT
From: Sylvain Langlois <mcsun!inria!chorus!sylvain@seismo.css.gov>
Subject: Re: Non-expanding list of adressees
Sender: mh-users-request@ICS.UCI.EDU
To: mh-users@ICS.UCI.EDU

   > I would like to put soem aliases in my aliasfile that do not expand to
   > a long list which every adressee sees.  That is, when I have a long
   > list of adressees, I don't want everyone's mail to be cluttered with
   > that list.  Is there some way of accomplishing this?

marvit>    In your header:
marvit> 	   To: Arbitrary-Name: mailing-list-alias;
marvit>    In your ~Mail/Aliases (or whatever you use):
marvit> 	   mailing-list-alias: ronnie, maggie, george, barbara
marvit>    Your recipients will see:
marvit> 	   To: Arbitrary-Name: ;

I cannot find any sendmail rewriting rules able to do this (neither in  my
configuration file, nor in any I have easy access to). Any hints?

Sylvain
- --
Sylvain Langlois		  "Dogmatic attachement to the supposed merits
(sylvain@chorus.fr)		   of a particular structure hinders the search
(sylvain%chorus.fr@mcsun.EU.net)   of an appropriate structure" (Robert Fripp)

------- End of Forwarded Message