[comp.mail.mh] How to include sender's message while replying ?

asa@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Viswamitra T) (02/28/90)

I was wondering, what are the options to be given to "repl" to be able to
include the sender's message while replying to him/her.  If you happen to
know, please let me know.
Thanks.
Vish

asa@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

abrams@SOLDIER.MITRE.ORG (03/01/90)

I haven't found any options in mh, but I do have two shell scripts and
related components/filters to do the job.  I have appended them to
this message.  Hope you find them useful.

Sincerely,

- Marshall D. Abrams, phone: (703) 883-6938
   The MITRE Corporation, 7525 Colshire Drive
   Mail Stop Z269, Mc Lean, VA   22102

  =-=- This note is in response to yours which follows -=-=

I was wondering, what are the options to be given to "repl" to be able to
include the sender's message while replying to him/her.  If you happen to
know, please let me know.
Thanks.
Vish

asa@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

------------------r shell script in my bin------------------------------

repl -editor vi -filter mhl.repl $*

---------------------mhl.repl in my Mail directory---------------------

:
:  =-=- This note is in response to yours which follows -=-=
:
body:nocomponent,compwidth=1,overflowoffset=2;overflow text=| ,

----------------rr shell script in my bin---------------------

repl -form /usr/lib/mh/replcomps -filter mhl.repl.incl -editor vi $*

----------------mhl.repl.incl in my Mail directory---------------

:
body:component="| ",compwidth=0,formatfield="%<(null)| %|%(putstr)%>" ,overflowoffset=2;overflow text=\ ,
:
:Sincerely,
:
:   alternate e-mail address: abrams@mitre.org

edward@julia.math.ucla.edu (Edward Dergharapetian) (03/02/90)

In article <7968@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> asa@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Viswamitra T) writes:
>I was wondering, what are the options to be given to "repl" to be able to
>include the sender's message while replying to him/her.  If you happen to
>know, please let me know.

Put the following in a file in your Mail directory.  Call it, say replfilter,
and say "repl -filter replfilter", or put a line such as

repl: -filter replfilter

in your .mh_profile file.

---------------------------------- Cut Here ----------------------------------
:
body:nocomponent,compwidth=5,offset=5
---------------------------------- Cut Here ----------------------------------

This should put the message at the end of your mail and will indent it by 5
spaces.

>Vish

edward.

asa@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Viswamitra T) (03/02/90)

The responses to the above query that I made previously, have been amazing!!!
I would like to thank all the gentlemen who have responded promptly.
Regards,

Vish
asa@mentor.cc.purdue.edu