[comp.mail.mh] I'm an idiot

lamour@smiley.uucp (Michael Lamoureux) (03/09/90)

In article <25F58E4F.18857@paris.ics.uci.edu> jromine@ics.uci.edu (John Romine) writes:
>lamour@smiley.mitre.org (Michael Lamoureux) writes:
>>I have a question about bboard auto-archiving.
>>I can't seem to find this stuff documented anywhere.
>
>See the MH System Administrator's Guide, part of the MH documentation set.

	Yeah, I read this.  That's where I got the pointer to the
bboards.h file.

>See the program bbexp.c in mh-6.6/support/bboards.  There are a couple
>constants defined for how long messages last until they're considered
>"old".

	I knew this too.  This is what we're using to do the auto-
archiving.  I went back and looked at the man page, and noticed an
optional argument that I had missed before: namely the ability to
specify which bboards you want bbexp to archive.  This essentially
means you need multiple bbexp lines in the crontab file rather than
just one.
	Sorry to bother you all, I've only been reading for a couple
of decades...I should get the hang of it soon ;-)

| Michael Lamoureux (lamour%smiley@gateway.mitre.org) |