[comp.mail.mh] MH-6.6 status

jromine@ics.uci.edu (John Romine) (03/09/90)

>> Does anyone out there have Postscript, LP, or nroff versions of
>> the papers directory?... When I try compiling with amstex, it bombs
>> in so many different ways that I've all but given up.
>Same problem here.  Geez, what a mess.  If you have any luck, would you
>mind doing a quick "forw" of the answer so we can get copies up here?

Funny this should come up, since I've just been working on it.  Let me
give you a status report on what's happening with MH.

I've got a bundle of updates which are now being tested at several
beta-test sites (who run different configurations, versions of UNIX,
etc.).  One of the updates includes all the TeX and LaTeX files needed
to generate the old papers: bboards, mh4, mh5, multifarious, realwork,
trusted, and tutorial.

I'm reluctant to send this stuff out now, because there might be some
changes that come out of the beta-testing.  I expect to have the testing
finished in about 3 weeks, and mail out a bundle of patches over news
and the mh-workers mailing list.

If you absolutely have to have the papers/ updates, send e-mail to
bug-mh@ics.uci.edu (ucbvax!ucivax!bug-mh) asking for them.  Be sure to
supply a good return e-mail path.  Also, let me know if you can ftp them,
since they're pretty large (>100K).

If someone wants to volunteer to take these updates and generate
postscript files which I can ftp back to UCI, I'll be happy to take
them and distribute them with new MH releases.
--
John Romine