[comp.mail.mh] mh6.6/papers/*

ziegast@ENG.UMD.EDU (03/08/90)

Does anyone out there have Postscript, LP, or nroff versions of
the papers directory?

We don't have PhDTeX. When I try compiling with amstex, it bombs
in so many different ways that I've all but given up.

If someone had alternate formats of thepapers directories, I'd
appriciate it if they would show me how to get them (ftp site) or
if they would mail them to me.

Eric Ziegast
Univ. of Md.

ziegast@MORDOR.ENG.UMD.EDU (03/08/90)

>> Does anyone out there have Postscript, LP, or nroff versions of
>> the papers directory?
>> We don't have PhDTeX. When I try compiling with amstex, it bombs
>> in so many different ways that I've all but given up.
>Same problem here.  Geez, what a mess.  If you have any luck, would you
>mind doing a quick "forw" of the answer so we can get copies up here?

After some mucking around with the makefiles, dvi2ps, etc.,
I was able to make some of the papers into postscript files.

They are: bboards, beginners, mznet, realwork, and tutorial

Two papers confused our Apple LW II/NTX after trying to print the first
figures (but I do have a DVI file for each).

They are: multifarious, trusted

I didn't bother with mh4 - mh6.5 . They're outdated anyway.

If anyone wants the postscript files you can mail me and I guess I can
include them into a mail message and send it off.
If I get more than 5 requests, I'll post to mh-users (comp.mh.mail?).

Eric Ziegast
"I have better uses for LaTeX." ;-)

BTW: I'm sure that you guys at ICS.UCI.EDU are reading this. Do you have
something better than my "almost ok" copies?

P.S. JD: Sorry, I forgot mh-users in the first one.

kleonard@gvlv1.gvl.unisys.com (Ken Leonard) (03/12/90)

*
* We don't have PhDTeX. When I try compiling with amstex, it bombs
* in so many different ways that I've all but given up.
*
DITTO!!
Having the documentation for a package/system distributed only in
something like Tex (or tRoff or nRoff or ???) which is _not_ a
part of most folks' way of doing things, which may not even _be_ on a
lot of folks' systems, is a _BITCH_ to deal with!
--
We (and a bunch of others we know) would be (in the end) a lot happier
with less fancy formatting and more usability!