[comp.mail.mh] help with filter file - mhl.forw

miller@ria.ccs.uwo.ca (J G Miller) (09/20/90)

I have a filter file for use with the procedure forw

overflowoffset=11,compwidth=10,leftadjust
body:component="+ ",compwidth=0,formatfield="%<(null) > |%(putstr)%>",noleftadjust,overflowoffset=0,overflowtext="+ "

Is it possible to get a "+ " inserted before the message header lines
as well as the message body?

Also if there is more than one Recived line, is it possible to get
the Received component echoed at the beginning of each, rather than
getting all of the received from values tagged to the initial Received
component?

Thanks for your assistance.

Also I would like to thank everybody, especially if I did not e-mail
you a reply, to all of those who answered my previous questions about
deleting messages and using repl from rn.

The best solution to the deletion of messages was to leave them
as ,number and then run a shell script on logout to clean up.
This is preferable to setting

rmproc: /bin/rm

since this means that messages can be accidentally deleted and lost
for good.

The method I chose to use to invoke repl from rn was the following

In my .login script define the environment variable

setenv MAILPOSTER \
'repl -file /usr/spool/news/%c/%a -filter /usr2/guest/miller/mh/mhl.rn-repl -form /usr2/guest/miller/mh/rn-replcomps'

and set up a format file rn-repl and a filter file mhl.rn-repl.

I could not find the -file option for repl in the manual,
so is this an undocumented feature?

Thanks!

--
  J G Miller                         telephone:  (519) 679-2111 extension 6325
  Room 024, Chemistry Building        InterNet:  <a4346@uwocc1.uwo.CA>