[comp.mail.mh] MH alias

zhou@seat.ece.cmu.edu (Frank Lei Zhou) (10/26/90)

Hi, everyone

I would like to create an alias for a certain combination of receivers, e.g.
To: user1, user2  Cc: user3  Bcc: user4.  Does any one know how to do this?
(I know how to make alias for user1 & user2 in the above example). Please
post or email.

I am a new reader of this group. If this question was asked before, could
anyone send me a copy of answers?

Thanks in advance,
--
(Frank) Lei Zhou  a.k.a. zhou@seat.ece.cmu.edu
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890

erickson@buckaroo.ics.uci.edu (Gary Erickson) (10/26/90)

In <ZHOU.90Oct25132421@seat.ece.cmu.edu> zhou@seat.ece.cmu.edu (Frank Lei Zhou) writes:
>I would like to create an alias for a certain combination of receivers, e.g.
>To: user1, user2  Cc: user3  Bcc: user4.  Does any one know how to do this?
>(I know how to make alias for user1 & user2 in the above example). Please
>post or email.

You can do this by creating and specifying a different components file.
If you put the following lines in a file called "mycomponents" in your
mail directory (the Path: specification of your .mh_profile):

	To: user1, user2
	Cc: user3
	Bcc: user4
	Subject:

you can type "comp -form mycomponents" and you will be prompted for
the "Subject:" line only.  If you add another "Cc:" line with no names
after it, you will be prompted for that line, also.

/se
University of California Irvine             | 714/856-4035
Information and Computer Science Department | erickson@ics.uci.edu
Support Group                               | ucbvax!ucivax!erickson
--
Scott Erickson