[comp.mail.mh] Help with mh

feigin@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Adam Feigin) (11/23/88)

I recently built mh (version 6.5) without any problems, but I am unable to
send messages with it. If I try to compose a message and send it, I get the
following error:

post: bad address 'adam@arclight.tn.cornell.edu	Adam Feigin <adam@arclight.tn.
cornell.edu>' - junk after local@domain (Adam), continuing....
post: bad signature 'Internet: adam@arclight.tn.cornell.edu		Adam
Feigin'
send: message not delivered to anyone

If someone can help me with this, I'd sure appreciate it. It's probably
something really simple that I'm overlooking.
I'm running mh on an IBM RT, running 4.3 (IBM's release #2, Sept 30, 1988),
with sendmail 5.59, and Bind 4.8

							Adam
Internet: feigin@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu		Adam Feigin
Bitnet: feigin@crnlthry				Workstation Consultant
UUCP: {backbones}!cornell!batcomputer!feigin	Cornell National Supercomputer
MaBell: (607) 255-3985				Facility, Visualization Group

		"Sometimes a little brain damage can help"

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) (11/24/88)

In article <6874@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> feigin@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Adam Feigin) writes:

>post: bad address 'adam@arclight.tn.cornell.edu	Adam Feigin <adam@arclight.tn.
>cornell.edu>' - junk after local@domain (Adam), continuing....

It looks like the address appears twice in the address field.
	Adam Feigin <adm@arclight.tn.cornell.edu>
is a valid address according to RFC822, but
	adm@arclight.tn.cornell.edu Adam Feigin <adm@arclight.tn.cornell.edu>
isn't.

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos@idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######

aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sriram Ramkrishna) (06/01/89)

How can you implement a quoting feature on MH?  I am sick of doing it
manually.

	Sri

popeye@janus.Berkeley.EDU (Sridhar Srinivasan) (11/03/90)

I am having some problems getting mh to run on my machine.I get
syntax errors probably in the source when attempting to do inc
or scan or any other mh command.Could anyone suggest a remedy?
This is also preventing me from using xmh.
Thanks
Sridhar