[comp.mail.mh] mh6.7 man pages sought

mark@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (11/21/90)

I feel a little silly because this is probably a very beginning
question, but I need help.

I am looking for several mh man pages that are not installed on any of
our systems (slocal, rcvdist, others...).  I was devoted enough to ftp,
untar and uncompress the entire mh6.7 distribution from uunet.uu.net and
still can't find it in there!!

Since there will probably be others, I would prefer a procedure on how to
get them rather than the manpages themselves.

Mark Rendina               "There's nothin' wong, it just dodn wook"
mark@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu 	          - What I learned at Fermilab
University of Illinois

ziegast@ENG.UMD.EDU (Eric Ziegast) (11/23/90)

snorkelwacker.mit.edu!usc!julius.cs.uiuc.edu!ux1.cso.uiuc.edu!ux1.cso.uiuc.edu!uxa.cso.uiuc.edu!mark@bloom-beacon.mit.edu writes:
>I am looking for several mh man pages that are not installed on any of
>our systems (slocal, rcvdist, others...).  I was devoted enough to ftp,
>untar and uncompress the entire mh6.7 distribution from uunet.uu.net and
>still can't find it in there!!

The correct man page for this is mhook(1).
MH man pages are found in sections 1, 5 and 8 in the man pages.
From the mh-6.7/doc Makefile they are:

  man1	ali anno burst comp dist folder forw inc mark mh-chart mh mhl mhook
	mhmail mhpath msgchk msh next packf pick prev prompter rcvstore
	refile repl rmf rmm scan send show sortm vmh whatnow whom

  man5	mh-alias mh-format mh-mail mh-profile

  man8	ap conflict dp install-mh post mh-tailor

>Since there will probably be others, I would prefer a procedure on how to
>get them rather than the manpages themselves.

The best way to get them is to get the mh-6.7.tar.Z source file from
ics.uci.edu and extract them.
Eric W. Ziegast, University of Merryland, Engineering Computing Services
ziegast@eng.umd.edu - Eric@(301.405.3689)