[comp.mail.mh] "rcvburst"; is there one?

trost@reed.bitnet (Bill Trost,Box 607,ext 640,) (12/18/90)

Has anyone come up with a decent "rcvburst" to interface with slocal?
I'm not quite sure how I want to do it, since I'm concerned with the
script changing the current folder out from under me and other such
issues.

jromine@buckaroo.ics.uci.edu (John Romine) (12/19/90)

trost@reed.bitnet (Bill Trost,Box 607,ext 640,) writes:
>I'm concerned with the script changing the current folder out from
>under me and other such issues.

You can avoid this by setting the environment variable $MHCONTEXT.
Something like "MHCONTEXT=/tmp/foo; export MHCONTEXT".  This is
described in mh-profile(5).
--
John Romine

aperez@cvbnet.UUCP (Arturo Perez x6739) (12/27/90)

From article <15808@reed.UUCP>, by trost@reed.bitnet (Bill Trost,Box 607,ext 640,):
> Has anyone come up with a decent "rcvburst" to interface with slocal?

I've written one that works ok.  It's a shell script.  It still has debugging
on, so watch for that rcvburst.output file!

#! /bin/sh -x						# lose the -x
exec 2>>rcvburst_output					# delete this line
/usr/lib/X11/mh/rcvstore
ls -t $HOME/mail/inbox > /tmp/rcvburst$$
read latest_msg < /tmp/rcvburst$$
rm -f /tmp/rcvburst$$
exec /usr/bin/X11/burst +inbox `basename $latest_msg`

To make it non-debugged, follow the comments.  Let me know how it goes.

Arturo Perez
ComputerVision, a division of Prime
aperez@cvbnet.prime.com
Too much information, like a bullet through my brain -- The Police