[comp.mail.mh] address formatting

gildea@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Stephen Gildea) (12/27/90)

In MH 6.7 I cannot find a format function that prints the address part
of a From: line.  The closest I've come is %(mbox{from})@%(host{from})
which is a bit kludgy.  Furthermore, I cannot print that expression in
a fixed-width field.  For that I would need to be able to append to
the str register, and I can't see how to do that, either.

Any suggestions?

 < Stephen
   gildea@expo.lcs.mit.edu

jromine@buckaroo.ics.uci.edu (John Romine) (12/27/90)

gildea@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Stephen Gildea) writes:
>In MH 6.7 I cannot find a format function that prints the address part
>of a From: line.  The closest I've come is %(mbox{from})@%(host{from})
>which is a bit kludgy.  Furthermore, I cannot print that expression in
>a fixed-width field.  For that I would need to be able to append to
>the str register, and I can't see how to do that, either.

You're right, you can't do that now.  Look for an enhancement to provide
this function in the next (MH 6.7.2) patch release.
--
John Romine